Saving Innocence’s vision is to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children and restore the cultural values of innocence and human worth.
To rescue and restore child victims of sex trafficking through strategic partnerships with local law enforcement, social service providers, and schools, while mobilizing communities to prevent abuse and increase neighborhood safety.
How We Are Accomplishing This
- Provide 24-hr emergency crisis response to survivors in Los Angeles County, alongside law enforcement and the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)
- Provide long-term intensive case management and advocacy for survivors of sex trafficking ages 11-24
- One-on-one visitation and life-enrichment workshops for high-risk youth in juvenile halls
- Lead groups – human trafficking prevention-intervention curriculum for high-risk youth living throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- Human trafficking awareness presentations in schools and high-risk communities
- Victim specialists for survivors involved in court system – both juvenile court and during testimony against their traffickers
- Provide emergency support and resources for families of survivors
- Train and equip all front-line professionals on how to identify and assist victims: law enforcement, social workers, therapists, schoolteachers, judges, district attorneys, etc.
- Program development for a first-of-its-kind program implemented in Los Angeles Superior Court and Probation for child survivors
- Advocate for the change of local and nationwide policy to expand resources for survivors and increase the prosecution of traffickers